Creating a Product Catalog: Tips for Success
Today, many companies think that a printed catalog does not make sense. That may be anything but true. When it comes to creating a catalog that is right for your company and needs, there are several steps you can take to ensure that your customers always have access to the very best finished product. What’s most important is to work with a trusted and experienced printing company in New York City that can create the visually stunning, useful, and reactive catalog your company needs. No matter if you are in the clothing business or selling parts to wholesalers, the details matter.
Tips for Success
When creating a product catalog, think like the customer. The person buying the product from you needs to be able to easily find what they need. They need to see images in many cases. And, they need to have all of the information necessary to make a buying decision in one space. A well-designed product catalog can give this to them. When it comes to creating your own, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Avoid the technical speak. Get rid of any type of industry jargon. Ultimately, you’ll want to make sure the reader (who may not have a lot of experience with the actual product details) can understand what you are saying.
- Organize it in a sensible way for the product you are selling. This may mean organizing it by product type, by product manufacturer, or just in alphabetical order. Determine what is going to be the most useful type of organization for your reader.
- Make sure you invest wisely in visuals. That means spending some time adding graphics and photos to each of the pages you create. Even in technical manuals, this is what will help to keep people turning pages in the catalog to find more of what they need.
- Provide directional signs and instructions to your readers. For example, they may need to find and buy part A. However, within the context, you may want to recommend part B to your reader. This can increase sales.
- Create a professional layout. Don’t miss the mark here. Instead, focus on a quality layout that is professionally created. It makes a statement about your business.
By investing wisely in the right type of product catalog, you’ll get the results you want. If you work with a top-rated printing company in NYC, you can achieve this goal.
We offer the latest printing methods. Contact us at 646-205-3037 to schedule a meeting.